[TriLUG] OT Keyboards

Lance A. Brown via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon May 30 14:36:29 EDT 2016

David Both via TriLUG wrote on 5/29/2016 3:02 PM:
> I have  several of the Unicomp buckling spring keyboards from
> http://www.pckeyboard.com/page/product/UB40P4A. They are as much like
> the great old IBM model M as you can get. I love the feel and the sound
> they make. I will never go back to other types of keyboards. I have
> tried many different mush-key keyboards, and a few of the other
> mechanical that have Cherry MX keys. I like the Cherry MX but the feel
> was still not quite right and they always broke within a year.

I have two Unicomp buckling spring keyboards and absolutely love them.
The only drawback is the noise level if you spend time on phone calls
and need to continue typing.  I have to make sure to mute my mic when
not speaking.  Even with a headset and good mic, the clacking comes
through strongly.  Don't ask me how I know. :-)

--[Lance]