[TriLUG] Intro to Command Line Class

Roy Vestal via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Jul 13 08:14:12 EDT 2016

Some of the kids I'm working with are studying with the Air Force 24
Cyber Command and 33 Network Warfare Squadrons through the Cyber Defense
Training Academy, as well as some participate in FIRST robotics
competitions, etc., and I have 1 that is working on his CCNA.

Based on the CyberPatriot curriculum, and seeing the number of teams per
year grow (last year almost 2600 nationwide in high school All Services
and Open Divisions combined), I'd venture to say I'm not the only one
with kids that are like that. Most of the kids in the program I've met,
are ready for a basics and fundamentals into programming type course.

To your point, I do write curriculum for my team and others. I was just
looking to see if there were outside avenues for this type of curriculum
for my kids. We can always learn from others. I know I'm not going to be
able to teach them everything they want to learn. :)

-Roy