[TriLUG] desktop pc

Jeremy Davis via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Aug 3 12:47:17 EDT 2016

Kramden has volunteer opportunities every week (I think) where people can
help at various stations to reburbish computers. It is a great opportunity
for kids to learn hands on and for the more advanced it is an opportunity
to mentor. Plus you will probably get a sense of when they have good stuff
donated to their inventory. Although there are rules about how their
nonprofit organization can sell computers. I am sure getting involved would
lead to great things and eventually a good deal on a computer.

Jeremy

On Wednesday, August 3, 2016, Steve Litt via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org>
wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 09:13:59 -0400
> Roy Vestal via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org <javascript:;>> wrote:
>
> > Kramden Institute has decent used systems too...
> >
> > http://kramden.org
> >
> > http://kramden.org/sales/
>
> Most of these laptops don't work: Parts only.
>
> Right now at Costco for $399 you can get a laptop with a modern
> processor and 8GB of RAM, with a full warranty. If you don't like it
> for any reason (including inability to run Linux) you can return it
> within 90 days, as I remember.
>
> Obviously we'd all prefer $89 to $399, but if the $89 doesn't work...
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt
> August 2016 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
>   Brand new, second edition
> http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr
> --
> This message was sent to: Jeremy Davis <jeremyhwllc at gmail.com