[TriLUG] [Job(s)] [Durham] Nutanix is hiring!

Derek Linz via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Aug 15 23:56:56 EDT 2016

Several openings locally at a pre-IPO hyperconverged startup that's just...awesome. The platform is CentOS derived and managers clusters of AHV (modified kvm), ESXi or (sigh) Hyper-V, with cluster-conversion capabilities between ESXi and AHV, and some really clever architecture.
The benefits are top notch and then some, the work environment could not be more positive, lunch is catered daily, all Heath care costs are covered --no payroll deductions, no deductibles. I could go on, but see what Glassdoor has to say:
https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Nutanix-EI_IE429159.11,18.htm
Want to know more? Take a look at www.nutanixbible.com.
Have questions? Ask away!
Have a resume? Send it over---50% of the 1600+ employees are referrals.
Worried you aren't quite qualified?
The SRE team is growing at an astonishing pace, we need sharp talent at all levels of experience!
Am I a recruiter? No, it's just that great of a workplace.

Jobs -- There are others in support management, presales. sales, IT...but here are the two that align with Linux the strongest:

---------------------Software Developer ---------------------[New Grad position as well as more senior position]
The MTS Developer position is an aggregate position for all back-end systems roles including (but not limited to) working on the core data path, platform deployment, data protection and replication, Linux kernel development. When applying for this job, you'll be automatically considered for our current and future developer roles. Lets match up our challenges with your skills. Responsibilities:Architect, design and develop software for a converged computing+storage platform for the software defined data center.Develop a deep understanding of complex distributed systems, and design innovative solutions for customer requirements.Work on performance, scaling out and resiliency of distributed storage systems.Work closely with development, test, documentation and product management teams to deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment.Engage with customers and support when needed to solve production issues.Requirements:Love of programming and rock-solid in one or more languages: C, C++, Java, Python or Javascript, ideally for enterprise-quality softwareExtensive knowledge of UNIX/Linux or expertise in WindowsDevelopment experience in file systems, operating systems, database back-ends, distributed systems management, Cloud technologies or VDIExperience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra, Zookeeper and other large-scale distributed systems preferredFamiliarity with OS internals, concepts of distributed data management, and design/implementation tradeoffs in building clustered, high- performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems softwareExperience working with virtualization technologies like VMware, Hyper-V, Xen. VMware preferredFamiliarity with x86 architecture, virtualization and/or storage managementBachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required. Advanced degree in Computer Science preferred
----------------------------Systems Reliability Engineer ------------------------------ [Customer support with a strong emphasis on product and process improvement, with a lot of flexibility to grow professionally]
Junior/New Grad/Mid/Senior positions open:-----------------Job Summary-----------------We are ensuring the success of our groundbreaking technology through cluster health monitoring and quick response time. We are top-notch engineers from companies like Cisco, VMware, and Google with the ability to handle all problems that come our way. Working closely with Sales and Software Engineers, the SRE team acts as our customer’s champions and has guaranteed that not a single box has been returned.
Nutanix is seeking well-rounded junior and senior Systems Reliability Engineers, customer-facing engineers. You will support our systems in the field and provide an enriched and successful product experience. You will need to be the champion for Nutanix, building clustered converged storage and compute systems that combine solid state drives with an revolutionary file system to solve some of the biggest pain points in virtualization.

Responsibilities:
Debug and diagnose customer issues encountered in the field.Improve serviceability of the product by developing tools to scale our field deployment and auto-support infrastructure.Provide analysis of the our existing customer base to avoid and minimize risks in the field.Define and drive changes to our product with the development engineering team, given feedback from customers and field implementations.Work with technology partners (ie. Vmware, Citrix, Fusion-IO, Mellanox, Microsoft) to resolve issues and push improvements in our ecosystem.Develop and contribute to internal and external knowledge bases.Available to be on support weekdays and weekends on a rotational basis.Be a champion for our customers. Go above and beyond to support their business and use of the Nutanix product.
Requirements:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.The passion & ability to learn new things, while never being satisfied with the status quo.Willingness to work in a fast growing company with huge potential.
Qualifications and Experience
5+ years of experience in virtualization (preferably Vmware ESXi), layer 2/3 networking, Linux systems administration, and storage analysis and troubleshooting.BS in Engineering (or equivalent technical degree and 5+ years work experience).

Thanks for looking!Derek Linz