[TriLUG] Single line scripts

Grawburg via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Sep 5 15:34:52 EDT 2016

I have long commands I enter in a terminal, such as starting connecting to a Raspberry Pi located several floors away with ssh, or
setting up a connection to my NAS (rather than having a line in /etc/fstab).
I can simply have a text file saved and do a copy and paste into terminal each time I need it, but I'd like to turn it into a what I
would have called a .bat file decades ago.
Is this something I should learn to to do in bash? I don't need multiple lines, there is no extra coding, just a single line.

Thanks,
Brian Grawburg

--
[This was sent from a PC running Debian 7, 64-bit Linux. No Microsoft products were used.]