[TriLUG] Open source software to monitor hundreds of VMs

Matt Pusateri via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Sep 9 12:39:39 EDT 2016

Let me be more clear. I’m not saying it’s hard to install. I’m saying prior to https://www.elastic.co it was a lot easier to get the RPM/DEB packages. For a while, all you could get was the latest release, or github.  Which made it feel like they were being intentionally difficult for those wanting a slightly older release. Which made it feel like they wanted to push into their pay model by being difficult.  Having just looked at their website again it’s been about 6 months, I see past releases are now available.  So maybe this has changed.  My comments were meant to reflect that when it was elasticsearch.org it was a lot better than elastic.co and more open source friendly.  Now maybe this is/was just growing pains.   I’ll re-evaluate and be open minded about their direction.

Matt P.