[TriLUG] iPhone 6

Roger W. Broseus via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Sep 29 17:44:05 EDT 2016

Brian,

First and foremost, jumping from a basic phone to a smart phone means buying
into a more expensive plan - a data allowance is needed. You probably can do
this thru tracfone. First stop is to see if the phone is compatible:
http://tinyurl.com/hzzueus

My wife has a non-smart phone that we transferred over from Verizon. Verizon
works on a CDMA network. Other providers use GSM technology. In our case that
was GOOD for us because Verizon has about the best coverage and we travel a lot.

You can check out the cost of various plans fairly easily on tracfone's web
site. Be aware that kids tend to use smart phones with little to no awareness
or care about data costs. Some parents have been very surprised by high
charges for going over data and/or call limits.

Good luck.

--
Roger W. Broseus - Linux User
     Email: RogerB at bronord.com