[TriLUG] best IRC client for Ubuntu 16.04

Steve Litt via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Oct 6 16:58:40 EDT 2016

On Wed, 5 Oct 2016 12:06:23 -0400
James Jones via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

> All,
>
> Ubuntu's software center list a large number of IRC clients. I am a
> newbie with IRC. Need to learn and communicate using IRC.
>
> What IRC client would be best to start with?
>
> jcj  KK4VUS

I enjoy using hexchat every day. No IRC client is easy, but hexchat is
much more discoverable than a lot, especially the CLI ones.

That being said, you need to learn a CLI IRC client so when you're
assembling a CLI only server, you can still communicate.

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2016 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28