[TriLUG] Incredibly Thankful!!

Hariharan Gopalan via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Nov 25 13:32:04 EST 2016

Hello TriLUG!

A very happy thanksgiving to everyone. I feel so incredibly thankful to
every one who has contributed to this wonderful world of Linux. What
prompted me to write this email is the following experience:

I have been toying with the idea of setting up a blade server and
installing coreos and kubernetes. With some sponsorship I was able to
purchase a C7000 with 16 blades and the installation is in progress,
waiting on the electrical work etc. But meanwhile I wanted to get ready to
install coreos. I had played with the vagrant setup on my home machine, and
wanted to simulate the actual installation on the blades. My painful
memories of struggling with PXE booting was haunting me and I reluctantly
spun up virtualbox and was getting ready for hours of struggle and lo and
behold, within minutes I had a virtualbox booting off of ipxe.org!  This
literally brought tears and feeling so very grateful to numerous souls who
have so selflessly contributed towards all the  technologies / software to
where I can get it working so effortlessly!

Salute to everyone in this group who have been a part of "this".

Happy Thanks Giving!

Cheers
Hari