[TriLUG] Blocking a linux laptop (Mint 17) from connecting to an open wifi ap.

Robert Dale via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Jan 26 16:26:04 EST 2017

You could write a script that executes every x minutes (via cron) to detect
the currently connected wifi AP and if that name doesn't match yours, send
an email, run iptables to block everything, disconnect and/or turn off
wifi, etc.

$ nmcli connection show --active
NAME          UUID                                  TYPE             DEVICE
MyAP  c15c6785-3f4d-4eec-badc-7ad081fdaf1f  802-11-wireless  wlp3s0

Robert Dale