[TriLUG] Blocking a linux laptop (Mint 17) from connecting to an open wifi ap.

Matt Flyer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Jan 26 16:36:57 EST 2017

>From what I can tell, the first answer given to you is the way to go:
right click on the unsecured network and uncheck connect
automatically: http://askubuntu.com/questions/230578/how-to-prevent-ubu
ntu-from-connecting-to-wifi-hotspots-automatically

It should require SU privilege to change the settings in network-
manager, which I assume they don't have if your using parental controls
as it would defeat the purpose.

This is corroborated by the posts that say to set the network to no-
passwd in the groups if you want to allow all users to change the
settings.

However, quick searching seems to indicate that Mint might have
problems with this.  In either case, I would suggest trying this
method.