[TriLUG] ATT gigabit internet quick review

Ron Kelley via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Jan 29 06:46:06 EST 2017

Essentially, it allows the AT&T modem to become transparent between your own firewall and their network.  This allows your firewall to have a public external IP address instead of a private IP address assigned by the modem.

-Ron

On Jan 28, 2017, at 9:18 PM, Steve Litt via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

On Fri, 27 Jan 2017 12:33:34 -0500
Mark Sidell via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

> Ron,
>
> Thanks for the info about ATT fiber. I cancelled an installation this
> morning because the tech told me he hasn't seen anyone able to get
> bridge mode to work with the 5268AC. So it's great to read you were
> able to do it. Do you happen to have a link to the procedure you
> followed?
>
> Mark

What is bridge mode?

--
SteveT

Steve Litt
January 2017 featured book: Troubleshooting: Just the Facts
http://www.troubleshooters.com/tjust
--
This message was sent to: Ron Kelley <rkelleyrtp at gmail.com>