[TriLUG] TriLUG Digest, Vol 3017, Issue 1

mr-trilug via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Feb 8 19:27:22 EST 2017

On 02/08/2017 12:00 PM, Hariharan Gopalan via TriLUG wrote, in part:
> We are bidding for a project with a large corporate who have some
> requirements for cyber security standards. Towards this, was wondering if
> anyone knows of local companies who can help with assessment (and
> certification?)
Dear H.G.,

This is not an offer of partnering, but of a link to the operator of
WordFence, a protection program for web sites.

I have just read the link below from beginning to end.

IMO, it is a fine summary with recommendations about the state of cyber
security and what individuals  can/should do to protect themselves from
further data theft. While it focuses on us as individuals, I believe it
serves as a useful starting list of items companies should be paying
attention to.

https://www.wordfence.com/blog/2017/02/cyber-security-survival-guide/?utm_source=list&utm_campaign=020717&utm_medium=email

BTW, I have used Keepass as my password vault for several years on
laptops, tablets and smart phones. I believe it is worth consideration,
along with the author's favorite one.