[TriLUG] Best way to seek & destroy stale lock files?

Brian via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Feb 13 10:41:58 EST 2017

Hi Folks,

I had a power outage recently that made me realize two things:

1) I really should buy a beefier UPS with external batteries, and
2) Not all my services react well to stale lock/pid files

The outage was last week; I've only just now finally (I think...) nuked
the last of the stale locks so that all my services are running properly
again.

So... are there any Voices of Experience out there willing to offer tips
on how to clean up such messes in an efficient manner?

Thanks!
-Brian