[TriLUG] Laptop recommendations

Ken MacKenzie via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Feb 19 13:23:46 EST 2017

What was not stated clearly is why they are not an option.  And when
someone is setting a $1000 budget for a laptop to run linux for the sake of
grandma internet usage I have to question why they are not thinking
chromebook or for that matter any 3 year old craigslist hardware that will
work fine for under $200 bucks.

I mean I don't know about you but if told I can spend less than 500 to do
what over a 1000 bucks will do....

Ken