[TriLUG] DNS Service recommendation

Aaron Joyner via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Mar 1 13:14:33 EST 2017

In terms of some useful measurements of the performance of various
resolvers (including Route53, GCP, HE and others), you might find the
slides and video of my talk from a few years ago useful:
http://www.trilug.org/2013-10-10/dns
https://youtu.be/w39UYX_oizM?t=11m40s

It's not a perfect match to your question, as I was attempting to evaluate
the efficacy of a /secondary/ resolver, so I also measured how quickly and
effectively they update from a primary (eg. my instance of BIND, which I
have no intention of giving up any time soon).

Of course, don't take my word for it, make your own measurements from the
locations you care about:
https://github.com/asjoyner/dnsprobe

... and in the interest of transparency, here's my raw data from my tests,
done in 2013:
https://github.com/asjoyner/dnsprobe-data

Aaron S. Joyner