[TriLUG] Off-Topic are WIFI routers just getting worse

Kevin Howell via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Mar 23 11:16:59 EDT 2017

I've noticed that a lot of newer routers come preconfigured with
WPA:TKIP&WPA2:AES (mixed mode). This is done for compatibility-sake, but
my experience has been that wireless often performs poorly when
configured this way. When at relatives/friends houses, I usually
reconfigure (with permission) them to use *just* WPA2/AES. It has made a
difference for me and my family/friends, but YMMV.

Hope this helps,
Kevin Howell