[TriLUG] Google Domains

David Both via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Mar 24 15:45:30 EDT 2017

Does anyone here use or have any knowledge of Google Domains as a name
registrar and DNS provider? I did not realize until recently that Google
provided anything more that public name servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

So I am thinking about switching to them for myself and for the church
registrars, both domains are due to expire at the end of this year. So
any knowledge you have would be helpful.

What I already know is the the Google public servers a very fast and
reliable. They also do not redirect unresolved queries to ad pages, and
they do not censor sites they don't like by redirecting you to another
site or to an ad.

David P. Both, RHCE
Millennium Technology Consulting LLC
Raleigh, NC, USA
919-389-8678

dboth at millennium-technology.com

www.millennium-technology.com
www.databook.bz - Home of the DataBook for Linux
DataBook is a Registered Trademark of David Both
This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not consent to the
retrieving or storing of this communication and any related metadata, as well as
printing, copying, re-transmitting, disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you
believe you have received this communication in error, please delete it
immediately.