[TriLUG] OT: Security concern: H&R Block wanted my DL number to do my taxes

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Mar 30 19:13:35 EDT 2017

On Thu, 30 Mar 2017, Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Mar 2017, William Sutton wrote:
>
>> somehow, if people start fraudulently *paying* other people's taxes, maybe
>> they *will* ask for their driver's license.  I'm not holding my breath.

Wow. I thought they wanted my DL to make sure I wasn't a terrorist. It happened
the day that the Senate passed the bill allowing the ISPs to sell my internet
activity, so I was a bit jumpy.

In actual fact it was the govt acting in my best interest to prevent fraud. How
wrong can you be?

Joe

> but they're already asking for the DL. So the IRS is going to audit me, by
> asking me to appear with my DL before they cash my tax check?
>
> Joe

jmack (at) austintek (dot) com - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml