[TriLUG] TriLUG needs sponsors

Hrivnak, Michael via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Apr 10 14:46:42 EDT 2017

Folks,

As you know, TriLUG is a non-profit, and I can assure you we've been very
successful to that end. ;) We've been running a substantial pizza deficit
the past year, so we need your help seeking sponsors.

If you have any suggestions for a company or organization that may be
interested in sponsoring a TriLUG meeting, please let us know. We are even
happy to take care of making the request.

$300 gets a sponsor a 15-minute block at the beginning of a meeting to talk
about what they do, what kind of positions they need to fill, etc. They
also get their name and logo on all the meeting press. It's a great
opportunity to get in front of a deep talent pool!

You can reply to this email, contact me directly, or email
steering at trilug.org with your ideas.

And now your dose of transparency...

Each meeting, we spend roughly $165 on pizza and another $20 on drinks and
ice. The cash donation bucket (plus one or two Square transactions) rarely
exceeds about $120. Honestly, I'm surprised we don't get better support in
the bucket. <hint> If we could recoup the $185 per month on refreshments,
that would help a *lot*. </hint>

If you have ideas or suggestions for getting better
donation-bucket-participation at the meeting, I'm all ears. If we could get
everyone who eats to chip in just a few bucks, we'd be in good shape.

Pro tips:
- If you don't have cash, we take credit! Just flag down a steering
committee member.
- If you need change, don't be shy! Just dive right into the bucket and
grab the change you need. If you're worried about appearances, recruit the
nearest person to observe your change-making.

One thing is certain: Nobody wants to see a Pizza Austerity program!

Thanks,
Michael - your Treasurer