[TriLUG] Time Warner/spectrum & credit cards

Mauricio Tavares via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Apr 14 11:03:53 EDT 2017

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 6:32 PM, Matt Flyer via TriLUG
<trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
> From what I recall from the TOS agreement, you're not allowed to store enough information such that if it were obtained by a third party (stolen) that it could be used to process a transaction. Specifically, you can't store the CVV code.

      I don't think you are *required* to do a CVV check in a card not
present transaction, but as a merchant you are increasing your risk.
Not that PCI Council ever shifts the liability away from the merchant
to begin with. With that said, if you have the second half of the
card, know what card type it is, and have the card owner name,
address, and expiration, you have a good chance of recreating the card
enough to use it.