[TriLUG] System Upgrade Advice Please

Scott Chilcote via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun May 14 12:35:37 EDT 2023

   Hi Chris,

   Thanks for the recommendation.

   I'll certainly look into getting a new video card - I've read good
   things about the vector graphics ones.  But the hardware I've got is
   ten years old now.  It was pretty good for its day, but it's overdue
   for a refresh.  Also, the games I'm trying aren't brand new, the most
   recent ones are from 2019.

   So I'd like to keep this question open.  Does anyone know of a good way
   to select a Linux compatible mainboard, CPU and memory bundle that will
   work well with Linux out of the box?
   I'd like to make sure that all of the components all have decent
   support (e.g. networking, sound, etc) before I plunk down the $$$($).
   Thanks for any pointers!

      Scott C.