[TriLUG] A Christmas Party To Remember ( December 2023 )

Steve Litt via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Dec 5 12:13:27 EST 2023

Brian McCullough via TriLUG said on Mon, 4 Dec 2023 15:17:26 -0500

>Every year members of the Triangle Linux Users' Group meet to celebrate
>years gone by and look forward to the next.
>
>We welcome one and all to this evening of merriment and education.
>
>If you have been exploring new ( or old ) technologies, or have a new
>toy to show the group, we will be very pleased to see what you have to
>show us.
>
>The time for this meeting is approaching quickly.  If you would like to
>show off or even just discuss anything, whether brand new or just new
>to us, feel free to "bring it with you" to this meeting.

Isn't it wonderful to finally be able to gather in groups without
worrying that you are putting yourself or others at risk of
serious illness? I'd love to be there, but I'm 600 miles away.

I've been exploring using BNF, Flex and Bison to create compilers and
converters. This technology is so old it's new again: No clear,
complete and unambiguous documentation. The remaining people with this
knowledge are old and unavailable to most people. I'm actually
presenting on the key understandings necessary to begin to learn to
create Flex/Bison compilers and converters at tomorrow's online GoLUG
meeting, and by your Christmas meeting I'll be much farther along. So
if your meeting has a Jitsi or BigBlueButton component, I'd love to
show off Flex/Bison key understandings and brandish some code.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21