[TriLUG] Jobs in HPC and AWS design at Syngenta

Sean Korb via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Jan 12 14:30:04 EST 2024

Hi, we're looking for engineers for software and systems and HPC

https://jobs.syngenta.com/job/engineering-enablement-lead-in-various-jid-8585

https://jobs.syngenta.com/job/sr-systems-platform-engineer-in-various-jid-8601

It looks like we have streamlined these reqs for general flexibility but
agriculture has some interesting tech from IOT to HPC and AI.  I urge you
to investigate.  I can describe what I do and see if you would like to be a
colleague in these capacities (I can't do it all by myself)

We have git and jira and service now and rack tables and ansible and
dokuwiki. The enterprise is all Microsoft so we let them take care of
Windows.
We use slurm and RHEL variants but if you want to use anything for your
tools , singularity is just fine. We use modules (a touch of tcl) but I'm
using singularity instead of binaries for some of those. 300 named
bioinformatics tools, R and every language like java and some pockets of
perl.
AWS is the same skillset, some Chef mostly ansible and the infrastructure
is on demand via cloud formation or terraform.  We're allergic to EC2s but
vending them in Batch or Parallelcluster and Fargate is fine.
Infrastructure as code is how we automate.
We patch every quarter when not monthly or when needed. We use several
guessable tools for security including logging. It's a constantly
changing space and even though we are fully behind a firewall security
takes a front row seat.  Make any blast area vanishingly small and
replacable.

--
Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com http://spkorb.org (est 1994)