[Dev] Anybody Listening?

Michael Mueller dev@trilug.org
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 07:30:03 -0400

On Wednesday 07 August 2002 00:34, Phillip Rhodes wrote:
> So, does anybody post here anymore?

Yup.  Low frequency.  My programming has slowed way down.   With the telecom
sector in the doldrums, I'm not too busy these days.

> Tanner, got anymore good
> "Stupid STL Tricks" or anything good for us?

I getting rusty on STL.  If you don't use you have to re-learn it.

> Too bad our Design Patterns reading group kinda fell apart...  maybe we
> could resume some discussion of patterns here on the list, and not
> necessarily
> worry about meeting in person, or something...

How about building something so we can apply the theory?  We can make it
inter-language so as not to force C++ on anyone.  I've had some fun
inter-working C++ and Python at the binary level.  Here's an idea for a
project: a trademark/servicemark generator.  It takes a product description
and searches the web for names already in use for similar products, then it
generates new names that avoid trademark dispute on a rank order.  The web
search includes the USPTO and state level tradmark sites as well as the whole
web.  It should be an international tool, of course, so G7 nation trademark
sites would be included.

--
Mike Mueller
www.ss7box.com