[Dev] Anybody Listening?

Justin Johnson dev@trilug.org
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 09:57:51 -0500

> > Too bad our Design Patterns reading group kinda fell
> apart...  maybe we
> > could resume some discussion of patterns here on the list, and not
> > necessarily
> > worry about meeting in person, or something...
>
> How about building something so we can apply the theory?  We
> can make it inter-language so as not to force C++ on anyone.

I am definitely interested in this too. I am definitely in favor of the
language neutrality, as I am a Windows/Delphi developer by trade. Anyone up
for doing examples in Object Pascal? And for those that aren't aware, yes OP
(Delphi / Kylix) fully support OOP. It's not pure OOP as in Java, but for
the most part I am glad of that(strings come to mind). Inheritance,
Polymorphism, interfaces, that's all there. So what say you?

I have interest in Java as well, but I would need to really jam on getting
to know the language before I really started trying to apply Design Patterns
in Java. As a side note, I am mostly learning Java as a vehicle for forcing
myself to start developing in a more OOP way. If there is another language
that some of you may consider better for learning OOP, I'm all ears.

Later,
Justin Johnson