[Dev] Network Monitoring Solutions

Mike Johnson dev@trilug.org
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 18:23:32 -0400

--sCNd3Ivk/oijKKf1

cj [cj@elon.edu] wrote:
> We need to have some network monitoring software to monitor routers,
> servers
> and other devices etc... I am hoping to find a really good package that
> would run on Linux.
>=20
> Are you aware/familiar with any such programs? Also, do you know of any
> good
> web resources to find information on monitoring programs?

You'd get more of a response to this one on the main list, so I'm cc'ing
my response there.

As for what package?  OpenNMS, hands down:
http://www.opennms.org/

Others:
http://www.netsaint.org
http://www.bb4.com
http://bigsister.graeff.com
http://www.paganini.net/angel

--=20
"Let the power of Ponch compel you!  Let the power of Ponch compel you!"
   -- Zorak on Space Ghost

GNUPG Key fingerprint =3D ACD2 2F2F C151 FB35 B3AF  C821 89C4 DF9A 5DDD 95D1
GNUPG Key =3D http://www.enoch.org/mike/mike.pubkey.asc

--sCNd3Ivk/oijKKf1

--sCNd3Ivk/oijKKf1--