[Dev] Reading Circle

dev@trilug.org dev@trilug.org
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:42:40 -0500

Hey guys, I was just thinking about something...  I think we have
somewhere in the neighborhoold of 8-10 people showing interest
in this so far.  Out of that,  I figure we'll get may 5-7 regular
participants.
It could be more, but realistically, any time you poll of bunch of
people about doing something, a full 100% of those who express
interest almost never actually do participate...

So, anyway, what I'm wondering is this.. how big do we *want* this thing
to be?  I'm pretty comfortable with the idea of 5-7, on average, with
maybe as many as 10.  However, I was mulling the idea of asking
the local Java community (via the Tri-JUG mailing list ) if anybody
was interested...  but, I'm a little timid about doing so, because
I get the feeling that there is a LOT of interest in patterns in that
camp, and doing so might result in a huge explosion in people
wanting to participate in this.

Not to intentionally try to exclude anybody...but I don't think
a group like this should be much bigger than about 10 people,
or it gets unwieldy.

So, my question is...  should we post to Tri-JUG and advertise
the existence of our group there, or just keep things like they are?

Phillip Rhodes
Application Designer
Voice Data Solutions
919-571-4300 x225
prhodes@vdsinc.com

America is at war with Afghanistan.  America has always been at war with
Afghanistan.  Russia is our ally.  Russia has always been our ally.

Read Orwell's 1984.  Read a newspaper.  Fear the future.

The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty
is a history of limitations of governmental power, not the increase of it.
- Woodrow Wilson Speech in New York, September 9, 1912

Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties for a little order,
will lose both and deserve neither. - Benjamin Franklin