[Dev] Reading Circle

Tom Bryan dev@trilug.org
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 23:58:59 +0500

On Wednesday 20 February 2002 04:42 am, prhodes@vdsinc.com wrote:

> So, anyway, what I'm wondering is this.. how big do we *want* this thing
> to be?  I'm pretty comfortable with the idea of 5-7, on average, with
> maybe as many as 10.

Strong recommendation for keeping it in the 10 to 20 people range.  More than
that, and it will tend to become less of a discussion group and more of a
lecture by a few of the people in the group.

I might be wrong, but that's been my experience.  It's better if most of
those present can actively participate.  Better for everyone that way.

Will the meeting space have a whiteboard, chalkboard, and/or overhead?
Design Patterns almost requires UML and pseudo-code during discussion.

---Tom