[Dev] seeking NSF grant application advice/info

Ed Hill dev@trilug.org
17 Jan 2002 13:16:18 -0700

--=-l1GbkujXe7k1p7xserbz

On Thu, 2002-01-17 at 07:37, Paul D. Boyle wrote:
>=20
> Another thing NSF likes is to show how the project can benefit other
> segments of society (i.e. have a "broad impact"), especially with
> underrepresented segments like women and racial minorities, and
> ably-challenged individuals (to use the politically correct term).

I've written (and helped write) a number of grants (one for NSF) and
Paul's advice is excellent.  The only thing I'd add is collaboration.=20
You can potentially obtain most of the benefits mentioned above through
collaboration with someone at a Univ.=20

good luck!

Ed

--=20
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
Post-Doctoral Researcher   |  Email:       ed@eh3.com, ehill@mines.edu
Division of ESE            |  URL:         http://www.eh3.com
Colorado School of Mines   |  Phone:       303-273-3483
Golden, CO  80401          |  Fax:         303-273-3311
GnuPG Key ID:  1E76F123    |  Public key:  http://www.eh3.com/eh3.gpg

--=-l1GbkujXe7k1p7xserbz

--=-l1GbkujXe7k1p7xserbz--