[Dev] Oracle's JDeveloper 9i on RedHat 7.1

Vestal, Roy L. dev@trilug.org
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 08:36:04 -0400

I've had some problems with Sun's JDK under Linux and Oracle 9i. I used
Blackdown's JDK, which was recommended in the Oracle 9i docs as well, and it
seems to have cleared for me.

www.blackdown.org JDK v1.1.8 worked ok.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Bryan [mailto:tbryan@python.net]
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 1:18 PM
To: dev@trilug.org
Subject: [Dev] Oracle's JDeveloper 9i on RedHat 7.1

I'm trying to use Oracle's JDeveloper 9i on a RedHat 7.1 at work.  It
installed fine.  I can start it and set up a project and edit code.  When I
try to build any code (even HelloWorld.java), I get the following lame
error:

Compiling...
Internal compilation error, terminated with a fatal exception

That's it!  I can compile the code with the JDK 1.3.1 that I specified to
JDeveloper in its jdev.conf file.  Before I go down the path of Oracle TAR
Hell, I thought that I'd ask here first.  Has anyone else tried this (or a
similar Java IDE)?  Any success/failure stories to share?  Any idea how I
can
extract something more informative than the error message I'm getting from
JDeveloper?

Thanks,
---Tom