[Dev] Oracle's JDeveloper 9i on RedHat 7.1

Tom Bryan dev@trilug.org
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 21:58:05 +0500

On Thursday 20 June 2002 05:36 pm, Vestal, Roy L. wrote:
> I've had some problems with Sun's JDK under Linux and Oracle 9i.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I've had no problems with Sun's JDK on the Linux
machine (compiling from the command line).  It turns out that there was a
problem with JDeveloper's jdev.conf file.  I think that the line was the one
with JDEV_USER_HOME, a variable that makes shared installs on a Windows
machine work.  JDeveloper was looking for that variable to figure out where
my home directory was.  Since I didn't have that environment variable set, it
defaulted to using the software's install directory, for which I had limited
permissions of course.  I had to comment out the line in the jdev.conf file
(or set the variable).  When I commented out the line, it seemed to be happy
with using the HOME variable.  The jdev.conf file worked fine if I had
JDeveloper installed such that my user owned all of the files and
directories.

Anyway, now it's working.

Thanks,
---Tom