[Dev] Re: [TriLUG] Server Check-Out / In-Use-Register software

Tom Bryan dev@trilug.org
Sat, 24 May 2003 17:18:55 +0000

On Saturday 24 May 2003 06:25 pm, John Beimler wrote:

> Ok, wasn't going to respond, but Matusiak goaded me into it. C++ is just
> COBOL of the 1990's.  Take all the bad parts from OO, and plug in
> assembly language, and you end up with a mess, or you can call it C++.

I'll try not to be dragged into a language war.  :)

> tangentally interested in learning OO programming, my personal favorite
> right now is Python (http://python.org).  It is mostly OO, and moving
> towards being completely object based. There are lots of tutorials out
> there, and the language is freely available.

So is the community.  ;-)
I just thought I'd take this opportunity to put in a plug for the local Python
user group:   http://dev.zope.org/Members/tbryan/TriZPUG/FrontPage
The next meeting is this Wednesday.

---Tom