[Hosting] PPC and Alpha are cool, but....

Ed Hill hosting.a.t.trilug.org
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 08:29:47 -0700

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney wrote:

> El-cheapo D/Link 10/100, just like the one I dontated to the rack, and
> burned under the load. This seems to be common to D/Links, so I'd like
> to keep this one in the Installfest/RTI Kit.
>
> It's in the Big Box of Stuff (tm). I can add it to the rack if y'all
> want, but i'm more worried that it will burn out like the last one...

No kidding!  Huh, I didn't know the D-links were unreliable like
that.  I've been buying lots of D-link NICs and recently a 10/100
cheapo switch and though they were all great...  Ok, I'll keep
that in mind and maybe go with Linksys or Netgear in future.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
Post-Doctoral Researcher    |  Emails:   <ed.a.t.eh3.com>, <ehill.a.t.mines.edu>