[Hosting] Equipement donations and Inflow walk-through?

Benjamin Reed hosting.a.t.trilug.org
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 15:58:49 -0500

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney [alchemist.a.t.darkcanvas.com] wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 03:00:20PM -0500, Benjamin Reed spoke thusly:
> > ...and then do "chroot /opt/distros/redhat7" or whatever.
>
> Nice. Very, very nice. Now, add some arches to it :
>
> /x86/redhat7x
> /x86/debian-2.2
> /x86/...
> /alpha/debian-2.2
> /alpha/redhat7x
> /mips/debian-2.2
> /ppc/debian-2.2
> /ppc/yellowdog
>
> we could chroot on each box & do it that way. Heck, if we had a second
> x86 box, I'd set up hurd too *grin*

Yup.  It works pretty well.  Make sure the hosting box has a 2.4
kernel, though, so you can do the multi-mount thing (you have to
mount /dev/pts and proc inside each tree, as well as any NFS mounts
if you have them).

--
Ben Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger.a.t.befunk.com)
http://defiance.dyndns.org/ / http://radio.scenespot.org/