[Hosting] Equipement donations and Inflow walk-through?

Christian J Hedemark hosting.a.t.trilug.org
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 22:05:04 -0500

Kevin writes:
> Whyfor? RPM can be installed on Debian, and dpkg can be installed on
> Red Hat. Getting the dependancies might be a pain, but it can be done.

Well this is what I'm talking about.  The dependencies ARE a pain.  I'm
wondering for example how you can build Debian packages on a Red Hat box,
and what happens when Red Hat 8.0 comes out and we want to keep building
RPM's for 7.2 until 8.x is stable enough for general use.

> > I can help with this.  It's not pretty but it works.
>
> Cool. How difficult is it to set up?

It's been about a year or so but as I recall most of the work is easy IF you
plan it first.  The installation was easy.  It was the configuration that
was a bit time consuming, but made easier by determining ahead of time what
specifically you wanted to track and how you wanted to track it.

There was one annoying little problem where occaisionally Gnats would lock a
PR and never unlock it... a sysadmin needs to delete a lockfile to release
it again.

> I've got family in town all weekend next week. Perhaps the week after?

Sure.  AFAIK I am also available pre-Thanksgiving (unless the baby comes
which is VERY likely now...)