[Hosting] Ben's chroot tip

Ed Hill hosting.a.t.trilug.org
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 22:33:57 -0700

Ben, you *ROCK* !!!

Thank you *SO MUCH* for describing that gem of a trick!!!  Thats
such a sweet solution to a nagging development annoyance...  I've
been keeping a separate box with RH 6.2 hanging around just because
a particular C++ code I need will *only* compile with the egcs
version that shipped with that distro.  Template and library issues
have prevented compilation with both the RH gcc "2.96" and with
current releases of gcc 3.x.  Complicated C++ template code and libs
containing them are a b*tch, and I was a fool to use them so much...
Live and learn...

Anyway, thanks again for the tip!!!  I'm busy setting this up on my
laptop right now!  ;-)

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
Post-Doctoral Researcher    |  Emails:   <ed.a.t.eh3.com>, <ehill.a.t.mines.edu>