[Hosting] free alpha box

Ed Hill hosting.a.t.trilug.org
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 00:30:31 -0700

Hey folks,

A guy here in CO who subscribes to the CLUE (http://clue.denver.co.us/)
mailing list got his hands on over 30 older Alpha boxen and is willing
to part with them provided they go to a good cause.  They are:

    Dec Alphastation 255, running at 233Mhz, with 64 meg ram,
    2 ea. 1 gig HD (SCSI), a CD-rom (SCSI), a floppy,  a VGA card,
    external connector for SCSI (termination attached), connectors
    for 2 serial & 1 parallel port, built in ethernet and build in
    sound device.  No monitors or keyboards or mice but work with
    standard PS/2.

and I've got one (possibly two) ear-marked for TriLUG.  If you want them,
I'll pay for shipping to NC.  And yeah, I know you've already got a much
newer/faster alpha box but I bet they'd make a decent ftp/http/cvs/???
server...

So ya want one or two?  And if so, where should I ship it/them?

Ed the scavenger...  ;-)

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
Post-Doctoral Researcher    |  Emails:   <ed.a.t.eh3.com>, <ehill.a.t.mines.edu>