[Hosting] free alpha box

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney hosting.a.t.trilug.org
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 07:13:44 -0500

On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 12:30:31AM -0700, Ed Hill spoke thusly:
> A guy here in CO who subscribes to the CLUE (http://clue.denver.co.us/)
> mailing list got his hands on over 30 older Alpha boxen and is willing
> to part with them provided they go to a good cause.  They are:
*snip*

> and I've got one (possibly two) ear-marked for TriLUG.  If you want them,
> I'll pay for shipping to NC.  And yeah, I know you've already got a much
> newer/faster alpha box but I bet they'd make a decent ftp/http/cvs/???
> server...

Or a pretty good kerberos serveonm a private network to provide
universal login to all the other boxes we want to have *grin*

Given what I know of alphas, these are great boxes, and I *KNOW* we
cna find a good home for them.

> So ya want one or two?  And if so, where should I ship it/them?

Either my house (TriLUG c/o Me) or Inflow (TriLUG c/o Inflow). It'd
probably be fater to ship it to me or Jon, so we can put an OS on it,
then move it to inflow.

Oh, and FWIW, I have a Cobalt RaQ, I'm just waiting on (a) permission to
use it and (b) instructions on installing Linux on a headless,
Floppyless, CD-less machine....

Time to dig up my nullmodem cable...

--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  New email : alchemist.a.t.darkcanvas.com  --
--  http://www.darkcanvas.com/~alchemist  --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --

"If you'll read the subtext for many of those old strips, you'll find
the heart of an old-fashioned Libertarian. And I'd be a Libertarian,
if they weren't all a bunch of tax-dodging professional whiners."
  -- Berkley Breathed, 2001