[Hosting] Call for volunteers: mirror maintainers needed

Chris Hedemark hosting@trilug.org
05 Sep 2002 11:28:58 -0400

On Thu, 2002-09-05 at 11:15, Jon Carnes wrote:

> You might want to re-look at Immunix and see if its legal to run a
> mirror of its distro.  It's licensing is somewhat like suse's.
> There is a Security Hardened version of Linux that is put out by the
> Feds.  That might be a good replacement for Immunix.

Is anyone using either one?

Also, the one put out by the NSA is not going to be maintained anymore
from what I read.  Apparently M$ twisted enough arms up high in the
gummint, and I was reading a quote from an upper level NSA guy that
basically said it was a mistake and they won't be doing anything like
that again.

--
Chris Hedemark
Yonder Way Productions - Professional Videography