[Hosting] Call for volunteers: mirror maintainers needed

Jon Carnes hosting@trilug.org
05 Sep 2002 11:15:39 -0400

> Here are the general areas of the mirrors:
> 	Red Hat -- need maintainer   (Kevin do you still want to do this?)
> 	Mandrake -- Tanner Lovelace
> 	linux-kernel -- need maintainer
> 	VA Linux -- need maintainer (if this needs maintainance; it

VA Software no longer puts out a distribution. So it doesn't need any
maintaining. It would use the updates from the Red Hat 6.2 tree. This
distro was one of my favorites, and I still have about 20 boxes running
this.

> 	Immunix -- need maintainer

You might want to re-look at Immunix and see if its legal to run a
mirror of its distro.  It's licensing is somewhat like suse's.
There is a Security Hardened version of Linux that is put out by the
Feds.  That might be a good replacement for Immunix.