[Hosting] bandwidth slammed

Jeremy Portzer hosting@trilug.org
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 14:48:09 -0400 (EDT)

On 5 Sep 2002, Chris Hedemark wrote:

> Gee it runs a lot faster on dargo than it does on my little duron box.
> Wonder why. :)
>
> In any case, I'm putting the finishing touches on it.  It's a pretty
> primitive script, but it will make a ports.tar.gz for FreeBSD and
> OpenBSD, as well as md5 files, under /mirrors/pub/ports.
>
> I'll set it up to run nightly.

Doesn't apply to you necessarily, since you have sudo access, but I've
made /etc/cron.daily/mirrors writeable by the "mirrors" group so that all
mirror maintainers can update things that need to be run nightly.  This
would be preferable to individual crontab files, so that everyone can see
what's being run.

--Jeremy