[Linux-ham] new equipment tips and hamfest

Jeremy Portzer linux-ham@trilug.org
15 Jul 2003 23:50:43 -0400

On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 23:19, Kevin Otte wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 04:27:31PM -0400, Jeremy Portzer wrote:
> > To re-ask a question I asked before some of you were joined:  what ham
> > radio programs are available for Linux that we could put on a CD to give
> > out?  I think this would be a nice 'value-add' that wouldn't be too hard
> > to do, if there are any such programs.
>
> This is kind of a tough one to answer with the wide variety of subsets of
> amateur radio.
>
> There is a Freshmeat category dedicated to Ham Radio:
> http://freshmeat.net/browse/38/?topic_id=38
>
> I have more rambling I could do about this, but it's getting late and I'm
> becoming less sensical.  Hopefully I'll see many of you at the Cary Swapfest
> on Saturday so we can talk one-on-one.

That's fine, and I'm looking forward to it, but the idea was to try to
arrange a group of programs BEFORE the hamfest. ;-)

I'll start downloading things from that category until I get to a CD's
worth... how's that?  Heh.

--Jeremy

| Jeremy Portzer       jeremyp@pobox.com       trilug.org/~jeremy     |