[Linux-ham] convers node

Kevin Otte nivex at nivex.net
Tue Jan 14 12:40:31 EST 2014

These are all good suggestions, especially the part about keeping off
the wirelines. (I think the old phrase was "landline lid"?) The point is
to build a network for our own experimentation.

Much of our gear has probably been gathering dust for quite awhile and
we're starting from scratch. The journey of a thousand steps and all
that... To that end, the suggestion of a single frequency is just to see
who's actually out there and can hear each other. Once we have more than
a couple nodes with more than one radio, then we can start looking at
other frequencies, etc.

I've blown the dust off my KPC-3 and have it sitting on 145.03. It's
emitting a beacon every 10 minutes with the URL for the info on this
mailing list. I also have the PBBS configured on it for N8VNR-1. If you
can hit it, feel free to drop me a message.

73 de N8VNR