NC*SA Elections - please volunteer / nominate!

Lisa Lorenzin lorenzin at 1000plus.com
Sun Nov 30 13:15:02 EST 2003

NC*SA will be having its annual elections at our December meeting (Monday,
December 8th).  If you're interested in learning more about how the group
operates, helping out with the operations of the group, or influencing the
direction of our activities and speakers, then volunteering as a Steering
Committee member is a great way to get involved!  If you know someone who
you feel would be an asset to the Steering Committee, we also accept
nominations.  (Subject to the assent of the nominee, of course!)

We have seven Steering Committee seats, four of which are up for election
this year.  Steering Committee membership is a two-year term, and is VERY
low-maintenance. The Steering Committee meets about twice a year, usually
once after elections to select officers and once mid-year if anything
interesting is going on.  We generally meet just before or just after a
regular meeting.  Other than that, the Steering Committee runs an email
list where any administrative issues and non-standard activities (booth at
a local expo, joint meeting with another user group, that type of thing)
are discussed.

Officers and responsibilities are defined in our Constitution:

* The Chair presides at Steering Committee meetings and general meetings.
* The Vice Chair presides in the absence of the Chair.
* The Treasurer receives and disburses money on behalf of NC*SA at the
direction of the Steering Committee.
* The Secretary provides to NC*SA members a record of all the business
accomplished at Steering Committee meetings and general meetings.
* The Steering Committee may establish other committees to further the
purposes of NC*SA.

Under that last directive, we've established two other positions:

* The Program Coordinator maintains our speaker calendar and sends out
meeting announcements.
* The Webmaster updates and maintains our website as needed.

So - please volunteer for the Steering Committee, or nominate someone you
think would be a good candidate!  To do so, please send email to
ncsa-steer at ncsysadmin.org any time before 5pm on Monday, December 8th.
With your assistance, NC*SA will continue to be an educational resource
for North Carolina System Administrators (and a good source of free
pizza!).

					Regards,

						Lisa

--