[NCSA] Tonights Meeting - Hands-on guide to prepping sites for VoIP deployment

NC*SA Announcements List - Moderated ncsa-announce at ncsysadmin.org
Mon Sep 12 11:31:05 EDT 2011

Time:        Monday, September 12, 2011 7:00 - 9:00 PM
Place:        UNC-TV, RTP, NC

Presentation outline:

A Hands-on guide to prepping your networks and remote sites for a VoIP deployment.
Basically just an over-view of the things we do on a site survey and our recommendations for maintaining Voice at high quality:
- What is VoIP?
- SIP vs. Everything else
- Preferred CODECs
- QoS
   - Priority Queuing
   - Bandwidth shaping
- Firewalls & VoIP
   - SIP and NAT
   - ALGs
- Network Monitoring
- etc...

Speaker Bio

Jaimie Livingston -- Network Admin, Customer Support, Sales Engineering, and Jack-of-All-Trades at FeatureTel. Jaime’s current areas of focus are
VoIP related real-time applications and the network architecture and implementations to support them.

Craig