(no subject)

Ubiquitous Geebles ncsa-discussion@ncsysadmin.org
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:09:50 -0500

<DIV></DIV>
<P>On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Tom Felbinger wrote:<BR><BR> &gt; Anybody know if there is a way to implement directory based quotas (not user<BR> &gt; based) for Solaris 8.&nbsp; I think the answer is no, but I figured it was worth<BR> &gt; asking.<BR></P>
<P>The only way I can think of is a type of fudge.&nbsp; Either make the directory a mount point, and make the slice limited to the size you require, or, if you require a more dynamic sizing machanism ( or are strapped on slices ) and can risk the information with a panic, use tmpfs, and write a script that writes it to a scratch partitions when the machine shuts down.<BR><BR>Susan Spoddig-Lane</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>&nbsp;</P>