Looking for old 286...

Jim Ray ncsa-discussion@ncsysadmin.org
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 12:53:32 -0400

i've got a 386 that i use as a door stop that will prolly work.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill May
To: ncsa-discussion@ncsysadmin.org
Sent: 7/24/02 10:42 AM
Subject: Looking for old 286...

I was given a Seagate ST-251 42 MB disk and DTK PTI-220 board out of my
father's OLD computer. My siblings would very much like for me to get
the
data off the disk, but I cannot get my oldest machine (NEC Powermate
P133
running NT 4.0 SP6) to recognize the disk and/or board.  I have hunted
the
web and this website for information pertaining to the PTI-220 board
with
very little luck. (The many numbers I've found for DTK have all been
disconnected.)

Someone suggested that the best bet might be to find an old 286
architecture
computer to use to access the disk and pull the data off.  Does anyone
have
such a machine they would let me borrow, have, or buy?  (I'd prefer to
know
the machine is already working so I don't have to troubleshoot it and
the
board/disk I'm trying to access.)

Thank you.

-Bill