things to give away/sell cheap at next meeting

Robert P. J. Day ncsa-discussion@ncsysadmin.org
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 15:01:41 -0400 (EDT)

  i'm in the process of simplifying my life (easily done by
reducing the number of cats here, but that's beside the point)
and, to that end, i'm interested in bringing a bunch of geek-
related stuff to the next NC*SA meeting and giving it away to
anyone who could use it.

  still collecting, but the stuff would include at least a
couple boxes of books.  granted, some of the books are a few
years old or a previous edition, but if someone can still make
use of them, that's great.  lots of books on java, c++ and
tcp/ip.  plus some odds and ends -- a sun optical mouse,
aix box token ring adapter, that sort of thing.  at this
point, if i don't need it, i want it out of the house.

  and while i'm not going to give these away, i have a few
new o'reilly books that are surplus.  i can either return them
for credit, or bring them as well if someone wants a deal.
as i get a corp discount, here's what's available:

  6 copies, "xml pocket reference", 2nd ed.
	retail $12.95, will sell surplus $8 or 2/$15
  "ssh, the secure shell", retail $39.95, sell for $25

like i said, if anyone wants any of these books, let me know,
else i'll just return them for credit.

rday

p.s.  i'm hoping this is not an abuse of this mailing list.