Amanda support and backup servers

Galen Johnson ncsa-discussion@ncsysadmin.org
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 11:03:06 -0500

John Turner wrote:

> I am in search of a company that provides or can provide support for
> the Amanda backup software. Not looking for help setting up, but
> someone that the company can use for support if then decide to give me
> the boot.
>
> Right now they are looking at products from BakBone, Legato, Veritas,
> Tivoli so I would be interested in knowing what other local companies
> are using for network backups.
>
> Thanks,
> John

Hi John,

  I doubt you'll find a company that will support Amanda.  Someone
recently posted to the Amanda list looking for that same thing (you
perhaps).  I've used Amanda for about 4 months now and think it rocks.
 The best I can recommend is to point them at the mailing list since it
gives better support than just about any commercial product out there.

=G=